Michigan State Telephone Company, Michigan State Gazette, February, 1908, page 7:
SORT OF A MAGIC CARPET.
By the attachment of televant transmitters to the lines of the Michigan State Telephone Company, at the Lincoln banquet in Grand Rapids, several hundred ladies in that city remained at home and yet were in audible touch with the scene of festivity at the hall and listened to the words of the speakers. Among the homes thus connected were: Wm. Judson, Dudley E. Waters, P. C. Fuller and J. Boyd Pantland. Not only were homes in the local city thus connected, but over the long distance lines of the Company people in Detroit, Saginaw, Kalamazoo and other points were able to be present, in spirit, at a function miles away.