W. F. Gillam (or "W. E., according to another report) was the son of the parent Telephone Herald Company's president, Manly M. Gillam. (In the original article, his name is misspelled as "Gilliam".) A scan of this advertisement is located at the University of Oregon's Historic Oregon Newspaper site: https://oregonnews.uoregon.edu/lccn/sn83045782/1913-03-16/ed-1/seq-4/.
Morning Oregonian, March 16, 1913, page 4:
PHONE DEVICE ASSURED
PATENTEE OF "HERALD" SEES GREAT FUTURE HERE.
Local Corporation Expected to Install 5000 Station Plant Within Six Months.
As a result of the visit to Portland of W. F. Gillam of New York, representing the United States Telephone Herald Company, and Arpad Nemeth, of Budapest, Hungary, chief electrical engineer of that concern, a system of "telephone heralds" will be installed in his city within six months, according to plans made with officers of the Oregon Telephone Herald Company, a branch company recently organized for conducting the enterprise in this state.
The officers and board of directors of the local corporation are as follows: President, F. S. Doernbecher; vice-president, Charles F. Swigert; secretary-treasurer, F. M. Le Monn; counselor, Lawrence A. McNary; directors, Fred A. Kribs, R. F. Cox, William R. McGarry, Marius Hansen, and S. G. Reed.
Mr. Gillam and Mr. Nemeth are well pleased with the prospect here, and preliminary operations have been begun for establishing a plant to serve an initial group of 5000 stations or receivers.
Mr. Nemeth formerly had general supervision of the plant of the Telefon Hirmondo of Budapest, and is inventor of many of the special devices used in the "telephone herald" system, for which he is the patentee for the United States, Canada and Great Britain.