It is not clear under what licence the Grove City College broadcasts were conducted. Prior to World War I, the college held a Technical and Training School licence, 8YV, but that was not renewed until late 1921. In the June 30, 1920 annual edition of Amateur Radio Stations of the United States, there is a standard Amateur station licence, 8JB, assigned to Herbert W. Harmon at 418 Poplar Street, but no entries for the college. Grove City College would later receive a standard broadcasting licence, WSAJ, in late 1922, which survived until 2006.
The (Greenville, Pennsylvania) Evening Record, March 22, 1920, page 1:
GROVE CITY COLLEGE HAS WIRELESS TELEPHONE
Wireless telephone conversations are being carried on between Grove City and New York city on the east and Columbus, O., on the west.
A wireless telephone system recently has been installed at Grove City college in connection with the wireless telegraph station. Conversations by wireless participated in by persons at Grove City are heard distinctly and are as easily intelligible as by the use of the wire system.
The wireless telegraphy station has a receiving range that catches messages from Colon, Panama, Arlington, Washington, Key West, and even Germany.
The two systems are operated every night, except Sunday, under the direction of Dr. Herbert Harmon, head of the department of physics.
March 23, 1920, page 1:
Music By Wireless Features Gathering At Rex Patch Home
Victrola Music Played in Grove City and Pittsburgh Is Distinctly Heard
Entertainment by wireless telephone is the latest novelty in New Castle. At the first anniversary of the D. T. C. club held at the home of Mr. and Mrs. Rex Patch, Florence avenue, last evening, the guests were entertained by victrolas played in Grove City and Pittsburgh.
The wireless in Grove City which produced the music was operated by Prof. H. W. Harmon, head of the physics department of Grove City college.
The Pittsburgh music was furnished by Frank Conrad, a wireless operator, who also gave a talk in addition to the music. Guests say that the music was seemingly as distinct as though played in the home.
Each of the guests was provided with ear receivers, but the music could be distinctly heard when the receivers were hung on the wall.
Mr. Patch, who has operated a wireless on Florence avenue, for some time says that this was the first entertainment of the kind ever held in this city.
Dinner was served at 8 o'clock. Covers were laid for 16 with Easter decorations. Mrs. Carl Kahrer assisted Mrs. Patch in serving. The next meeting will be held one week from Wednesday at Mrs. H. Reese's home, Laurel boulevard.
March 25, 1920, page 1:
Concerts by a phonograph are being recorded nightly at the wireless telephone station of the college operated by Dr. Herbert Harmon, head of the department of physics of the school.
The programs are being picked up by stations at New Castle and Pittsburgh. The operators at the receiving stations report that the music is as distinct as mechanical devices, can make it. It is the intent of the college people to widen the range of the sending station here.
Pittsburgh Gazette Times, April 18, 1920, Sixth section, page 2:
On Saturday night, April 10, four different radio-phones took turns in rendering a selection of music which made one of the finest wireless concerts of the season. These phones were at the stations of Frank Conrad, John E. Coleman, Carnegie Tech and Grove City College.