It is not clear from contemporary reports what station authorization was used for this broadcast. In the June 30, 1920 issue of "Amateur Radio Stations of the United States", The Benwood Company's president, William E. Woods, is listed as holding a standard amateur staion licence, 9LC, and vice president Lester Arthur "Eddie" Benson is listed with standard amateur licence 9KV. However, in late 1920, Benson was upgraded to a Special Amateur licence, with the call sign 9ZB. The June 30, 1921 issue of "Amateur Radio Stations of the United States" still has Woods as 9LC, with The Benwood Company now having its own standard amateur license, 9LA, issued sometime in the preceding year. These same two assignments also appear in the June 30, 1922 edition.
Saint Louis Post-Dispatch, November 2, 1920, page 1:


De  Tonty  Street  Resident  to  Relay  Post-Dispatch  Bulletins  1000  Miles.
    Election returns to be sent by the Post-Dispatch to schools about the city tonight will be sent also to the residence of W. E. Woods at 4312 De Tonty street, from which they will be transmitted by wireless telephone to about 5000 wireless telephone receiving stations within a radius of 1000 miles of St. Louis.
    Woods yesterday installed in his residence a wireless telephone sending apparatus whose range is third among such stations now established in the United States, the only ones having greater range being those in the Bureau of Standards at Washington and a private installation in Pittsburg.
    One of the stations to pick up the bulletins will be that of L. A. Benson of 4942 Wiesehan avenue, who has also in his home a wireless telegraph sending apparatus with a range of 2000 miles. Benson will repeat the Post-Dispatch bulletins by wireless telegraph.
    Hiram Maxim, inventor of the Maxim silencer, who is president of the American Radio Relay League, requested Woods to give out the wireless telephone bulletins.
    Woods was a radio expert attached to the naval wireless station at Bar Harbor, Me. He now is a member of the firm of the Benwood Co., at Thirteenth and Olive streets, manufacturers and distributors of wireless outfits.
    Woods' wife now is a patient in St. John's Hospital. A wireless telephone receiving station has been set up in her room so that she will hear also the election returns.
November 3, 1920, page 3:


Bulletins  Sent  From  4312  DeTonty  Street  Acknowledged  From  Arkansas  and  North  Dakota.


Camp  Pike  Radio  Station  Flashes  Bulletins  to  Ships  in  Gulf  of  Mexico  by  Wireless  Telegraphy.

    The first use of a wireless telephone in St. Louis was the transmission last night of election bulletins of the Post-Dispatch from the residence of W. E. Woods of 4312 De Tonty street.
    Not only did 100 owners of wireless telegraph stations in St. Louis receive the bulletins, but word was received from Little Rock, Ark., Ellendale, N. D., and other outside towns that they were catching the news. At Ellendale the bulletins were relayed by wireless telegraph into Canada and the Camp Pike radio station at Little Rock resent the bulletins on its wireless telegraph, ships in the Gulf of Mexico acknowledging receipt.
Music  by  Wireless.
    As at other points in the city to which the Post-Dispatch sent its bulletins, the interim between news flashes was occupied by the playing of music. A phonograph was placed near the transmitter in the basement of Woods' home. A group of 20 radio students at Washington University who had been listening to the bulletins heard the music so plainly that they were enabled to dance.
    In the home of L. A. Benson, 4942 Wiesehan avenue, three or four couples danced to the wireless music, Benson attaching a sound-amplifying device to the telephone receivers, depositing them on a table and shaping a horn out of a piece of paper.
    Any owner of an elemental wireless receiving station can make a simple attachment enabling him to catch wireless telephone messages. The transmission instrument, however, is an expensive, elaborate device. The one in Woods' home has a range of 1000 miles, a sending distance exceeded only by the Government station in the Bureau of Standards in Washington and a private installation in Pittsburg.
    From time to time as Benson read out the Post-Dispatch bulletins he requested those hearing his voice to notify the Benson Co. of 1300 Olive street, manufacturers of wireless equipment, in which Woods is a member of the firm, or the Post-Dispatch. Many owners of wireless outfits in St. Louis responded shortly that they were hearing very clearly.
Reports  of  Picking  Up  Bulletins.
    Roy S. Glasgow, instructor in the engineering department of Washington University, sent word to Woods that he was getting all the bulletins very distinctly and that the music was louder than if played on a phonograph in the room in which the radio students were assembled.
    An officer of Camp Pike, Ark., telephoned early today to Woods that a group of soldiers had received the Post-Dispatch bulletins by wireless telephone and that he had relayed them by his powerful wireless telegraph outfit.
    Wood River, Ill., sent word that is was catching Woods' voice, as did Farmington, Mo. During the evening Woods got in communication with the Washington wireless telephone, the operator of which said they were too busy sending out their own bulletins to try to catch anything from St. Louis.
Wife  in  Hospital  Gets  Returns.
    Woods' wife is a patient in St. John's hospital. Woods had stretched a few wires above her bed and fitted for her a receiving headpiece. She received the wireless telephone bulletins throughout the evening, giving them to nurses and internes gathered about.
    Willis G. Hadley, son of L. G. Hadley of 3247 Longfellow boulevard, sent word to the Post-Dispatch today that its wireless telephone bulletins had been received in his home, where several guests had assembled. The music sent by the wireless was of sufficient volume to permit dancing.
    Woods maintained the service until after 11 o'clock, when it became apparant that Harding had won.
    Ellendale, N. D., called by wireless telegraph to the wireless station maintained by Woods' partner, Benson, that it had caught the telephone bulletins and had transmitted them on a wireless telegraph, getting acknowledgements from points distant in Canada.